Circle Island Tour
Circle Island Tour
Pick up from resort & travel around the island of Oahu via Kamehameha Highway. Sites potentially visited will be Diamond Head, Kahala, Kokohead, Hanauma Bay, Halona Blow Hole, Kailua Beach, Kaneohe Marine Base, Heeia Fishpond, Uncle Bobby’s Canoe Halau, Chinamanʻs Hat, Laie, Brigham Young Church College, Turtle Bay Resort, Sunset Beach, Pipeline, Waimea Bay, Haleiwa Town, Dole Pineapples, Scofield Army Barracks, Wheeler Airfield, Chinatown, Iolani Palace, Kawaihau Church, Ala Moana Park and back to Waikiki. We will learn about the history of Hawaiʻi, the influence of missionaries, sugar cane, pineapple and discuss the surfing Mecca of the world, the North Shore. 5-8 hour tour depending on stops and lunch options. During the months of November & December we may be able to catch the ‘Triple Crown of Surfing’! This is the last stop on the World Surf League professional surf tour & features the best surfers in the world surfing on some of the biggest waves! We may catch site of Humback Whales on our journey! They visit the Hawaiian waters during the fall & winter month to calf and rest up for the long journey North for the summer!
We leave before sunrise from your resort traveling to the windward (East side) of Oahu to view the sunrise over the ocean. You will learn and speak a Hawaiian chant which brings up the sun! We will explore the ‘Ka Iwi’ coast, Halona Blow Hole, Infinity Beach, Makapu’u lighthouse, Awāwamalu (Sandy Beach) and the town of Kailua. Traveling back to resort via the Pali Tunnel we can stop at the Pali lookout for a stellar view of the windward side.
Pearl Harbor Tour Important Information
- Moderate walking is required, please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately
- You may wish to bring a light jacket in case it rains.
- Due to security requirements at the USS Arizona Memorial, bags and purses are not allowed. Bags cannot be stored in the SUV.
- Cameras are permitted but not camera bags. Strollers are not allowed in the movie theater, on the Navy shuttle boat to the USS Arizona Memorial, or on the USS Arizona Memorial.
- Locations/routes and times may be modified or restricted due to national park and state park advisories and inclement weather.
What is the best time for the Pearl Harbor Tour?
- Our tours start at different times thru out the day.
- Hotel pickup usually at 9am but we are flexible!
Do I get to board the Memorial?
- Yes, you watch a 23 minute movie on the attack and then board a US Navy launch & be able to go onto the Arizona Memorial.
- We do not accompany visitors to the Memorial as this is a place of reflection and respect.
How to contact Chris!
- Call Chris at 808-372-8885
- Email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org